Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Installation & Upgrade / Internal Server Error On Install / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Internal Server Error On Install (15)

Posted: 03/02/2012 1:25:55 AM

Reply Quoted  

TesterDee wrote:02/29/2012 3:30:05 PM
Got web host company to make php.ini file for me and am installing, got to step 10 select default theme and selected the add content for this theme.

Error: (1136) Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Since it's beta version (I hope you know what it means), then some bugs could exist and they exist. I suggest NOT checking "Install demo data" checkbox on this installation step.

Posted: 03/02/2012 1:28:23 AM

Reply Quoted  

TesterDee wrote:02/29/2012 3:47:34 PM
Just installed without extra information and it worked. Now I cannot login using the username and password I set up. May jsut have to delete DB and start over.

Link Module
Also getting errors on front end
ParserException: Cannot include "#in-link/section_design#" - file does not exist in /home/mysite/public_html/in-portal/core/kernel/nparser/nparser.php on line 420

News Module
ParserException: Cannot include "#in-news/section_design#" - file does not exist in /home/mysite/public_html/in-portal/core/kernel/nparser/nparser.php on line 420

This happens because you've installed either In-Link or In-News module, but selected theme that doesn't support displaying their data.

Currently only "advanced" theme support them and could be downloaded from http://www.in-portal.com/support-downloads/themes.html page.

Posted: 03/02/2012 9:37:25 AM

Reply Quoted  

Thank you Alex.

I installed the cleaning theme and it did not work either.

I tried using the cleaning theme with no luck. There is nothing in the manual about what theme I need to use with any specific module.

I used the zip file that was suggested from the features page, it just so happened to be the beta version, The last stable version looks like it was from a year or more ago.

I GIVE UP!!!!

Support forums are dead for days at a time, no answers. Tried getting support from forums, sent email and even tweeted about it.

Suggestions for the user manual. Have one that makes sense.

Step by step guide after install and use the same structure used in the admin panel and explain how each function works and how to set each one up. Make them all clickable links in the manual so that it is easy for thsoe who need to find the help to do so.

Instead of charging such high fees for support, charge fees for modules that could be a better way to generate revenues as well. Keep the prices low and watch your profits grow.

Perhaps a mobile template would be nice as well.

In the mean time, I will be working on a script that will take me less than 5 minutes to install and about an hour to set up everything I need.

Best of Luck, let me know when you offer a functioning script.

Posted: 03/05/2012 9:11:56 AM

Reply Quoted  

Support guy will be back this week. I'm not from support.

We have this problem with forums, that we don't get e-mail on a new posts to exiting topics. I'll be glad to reply instantly, but want to browse whole forum in search for new posts.

Installing a BETA, which 5.2.0-B1 is a bad idea by default if you don't know what you're doing. It could contain bugs and fatal errors, that would break everything. That's why we release for users to test.

If you want stable version, then please download version, that doesn't end up with "-B" (beta) or "-RC" (release candidate).

And I repeat (about themes): there is only 1 theme that would support In-Link module and it is ADVANCED theme. With other themes you'll just see fatal errors with In-Link module installed.

Posted: 03/07/2012 11:37:14 AM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks found another script that was much easier to use had full documentation and who answer questions the same day. :-)

Page:     1 2